Sunday, September 24, 2006

Tag, I'm it!

I've been tagged by Bacon Eating Atheist Jew to take this movie survey. Hope you like this little diversion from the vermin.

1. The last movie you saw in a theatre, and current-release movie you still want to see.


Last saw in theater: Invincible - predictable football story of an underdog everyman making it big...loved it.

Still want to see: Hollywoodland

2. The last movie you rented/purchased for home viewing.

United 93 - We just got it in from Net Flix the other day, but didn't get to watch it yet...


3 A movie that made you laugh out loud.

Team America... I laughed so friggin hard I almost threw up.

4. A movie that made you cry.

Cried like a baby watching Saving Private Ryan.

5 A movie that was a darling of the critics, but you didn't think lived up to the hype.

Hmmm...tough one because I pay so little attention to the movie critics, but I'd have to go with Yenta. Just an insufferable movie from the always unbearable Barbara Streissand...my parents made me see it as an early teen.

6. A movie that you thought was better than the critics.

Again, this is tough for me, but I'll go with Happy Gilmore. This is also the only movie I've ever liked from Adam Sandler.


7. Favorite animated movie.

Can't we just call it what it is: A CARTOON. Anyway, I'll go with Roger Rabbit.

8. Favorite Disney Villain.

Probably Scar from Lion King. He was so good at being evil.

9. Favorite movie musical.

Is there any doubt? Fiddler on the Roof, baby! I've probably seen it 50 times, and I could easily see it 50 more without getting bored.

Favorite movies of all-time (up to five).

1. Godfather 1 & 2
2. Saving Private Ryan
3. Goodfellas
4. The Others
5. The Hustler
5a. Sideways

Now tag 5 potential victims.

OK, here you go! I gotta start with the blogging queen, Nanc. Next, Freedomnow, because, unlike many at Bacon's site, he is an example of an atheist who is respectful to those of us who believe in God. Brooke, because I would like to know more about her; Zelda for the same reasons, and, finally, the Solid Surfer, as he could use some levity while trying to atone for all his sins in the days before Yom Kippur.

-MZ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Respectful debate and dissent are welcomed. MZ reserves the right to censor for any reason without explanation.