There are many answers with terrible holes that I will vigorously shred:
1. We need a homeland as a safe-haven from anti-Semitic persecution.
2. It is where Jews historically came from before being dispersed 2000 years ago.
3. We need a homeland to show the world how good and decent of a people we really are.
4. Israel is the only Western-style democracy in the Middle East, so we need it strategically.
5. The Jews deserve something for all that they have been through.
I am really looking forward to seeing what you, the reader, has to say. After all, MZ loves a good debate!